TTT 0.00% 7.3¢ titomic limited

Thanks for the clarification, Evociti.I logged on to make a...

1. 33 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Thanks for the clarification, Evociti.I logged on to make a correction. I am doing this voice to text so please ignore any typos.

As well as the modulus difference in the powders, differences in coefficient of Thermal Expansion was my bigger concern.

Being that it is sprayed while molten, then cools down, I have read of a copper and titanium lamination being formed. As this cools, copper shrinks by twice the amount approximately of the Titanium. This will result in distortion and delamination of the 2 layers. If the layers stay bonded, then the copper is placed in tension and the titanium is placed in compression. This large, one-sided, stress difference is not likely to be beneficial to performance.

We are talking large differences as, from memory, Copper melts at 880 degrees C, whilst titanium melts at about 2450, or is it 3500?

My other concern was scaling or oxidisation of the titanium powder as it was being deposited, resulting in a non-contiguous internal structure, but this would be easy to avoid by shrouding the melt in an inert gas. I'm sure this is an easy technical fix
    Last edited by JustASideline: 08/11/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TTT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $73.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.5¢ 7.3¢ $24.86K 338.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 47939 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 51000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.25pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TTT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.