TNE 0.46% $18.40 technology one limited

Ann: TNE ARR up 21% and H1 Profit Before Tax up 17%, page-29

1. 16,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8028
    "I think this company is better than CSL RMD CAR you name it"

It is indeed a fine company with a trapdoor commercial moat (as in, once a customer is in, it is very difficult for that customer to get out again).

But I think it's a bit moot to argue that it is better than any other company on the ASX.

For example, I don't think the quality of TNE's financial statements are all that they are cracked up to be: since the company started capitalising part of its software development expenses (wef from 2019), capitalised expenditure on software has totalled $312m, compared with just ~165m in cumulative amortisation charge to the P&L.

Now don't get me wrong: there is no reason that those two sets of figures should match over the short-, or even medium-, term (no doubt they are investing ahead of a long future curve), but that difference is large, especially for a field where technology moves so rapidly.

While it isn't a problem yet, it does make me sensitised to the fact that, the bigger the gap gets, and the longer it lasts, the greater I need to bake in an element of thinking that TNE's earnings are being overstated to some extent, and to make some sort of adjustment for that.

Not a deal-breaker, but a brickbat that needs monitoring, within financial performance that is always contains a multitude of bouquets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.40
Change
0.085(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $5.963B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.33 $18.40 $18.25 $7.910M 431.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 720 $18.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.40 601 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.00pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.