TNE 0.11% $18.33 technology one limited

"I think this company is better than CSL RMD CAR you name it" It...

1. 16,497 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8028
    "I think this company is better than CSL RMD CAR you name it"

It is indeed a fine company with a trapdoor commercial moat (as in, once a customer is in, it is very difficult for that customer to get out again).

But I think it's a bit moot to argue that it is better than any other company on the ASX.

For example, I don't think the quality of TNE's financial statements are all that they are cracked up to be: since the company started capitalising part of its software development expenses (wef from 2019), capitalised expenditure on software has totalled $312m, compared with just ~165m in cumulative amortisation charge to the P&L.

Now don't get me wrong: there is no reason that those two sets of figures should match over the short-, or even medium-, term (no doubt they are investing ahead of a long future curve), but that difference is large, especially for a field where technology moves so rapidly.

While it isn't a problem yet, it does make me sensitised to the fact that, the bigger the gap gets, and the longer it lasts, the greater I need to bake in an element of thinking that TNE's earnings are being overstated to some extent, and to make some sort of adjustment for that.

Not a deal-breaker, but a brickbat that needs monitoring, within financial performance that is always contains a multitude of bouquets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.33
Change
0.020(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $5.963B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.33 $18.37 $18.25 $7.614M 415.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 2897 $18.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.34 2512 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.36pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.