TVN 1.92% 5.3¢ tivan limited

That's correct. As a rule the trading parcel has rarely exceeded...

1. 2,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    That's correct. As a rule the trading parcel has rarely exceeded 20% of the core holding and is generally closer to 10%. I've always been overweight TNG from a portfolio perspective but the overall holding has never exceeded 1M.

I'm holding less than 250k TNG at present, averaged in the high 0.13c range with a view to increasing this holding once the project is further de-risked. Obviously this will increase my current average but the reduced risk will allow me to throw some more money at it while still being able to sleep at night. Until this happens I'll continue to trade a small chunk to either further reduce my average through free carrying and redeploying capital or small profits for the Dan Murphy's self-medicating fund.

More about me - In 2014 came onboard as a very green, optimistic buy and hold investor who took a lot of what was written here on the TNG forums as gospel. I believed the hubris and threw good money after bad for at least 12 months and had an initial average in the low 0.20c range so it has taken a lot of discipline and learning to get where I am now. With the benefit of hindsight I do wonder whether it would have been healthier to take the initial loss and move on which is part of my strategy with any trades that go against me these days.

As for reflecting on how your holding could have been managed better I can't really offer any genuine insight as I don't believe I could have maintained such a large holding. On the first big run I probably would have taken my six-figure profit, redeployed the capital into a handful of USD ETF's and slid 1.2M free-carried shares into the bottom draw. This is easy to say in hindsight and we've got completely different perceptions of risk and methods of managing it.
    Last edited by Ajinomoto: 04/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.001(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $91.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $72.63K 1.358M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 284937 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.58am 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.