TVN 2.04% 5.0¢ tivan limited

All been discussed before by us laymen, and I've never really...

1. 6,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 403
    All been discussed before by us laymen, and I've never really got my head around it fully, but here's an article which discusses the complexities of processing magnetite ore. Having ore with a high amount of titanium in it is not a good thing, unless of course you have TIVAN.

Haven't read the entire article but this is in one of the first paragraphs.

"Titanomagnetite ores have been actively used as a raw material for cast iron, steels and vanadium salt production for centuries [1,2]. However, their processing technologies are continuously developing [1,2] in order to increase the recoveries of titanium and vanadium as well as the complex utilization of these raw materials. Titanomagnetite ore processing is a sophisticated large-scale production, which poses technological challenges and causes a number of ecological problems such as environmental pollution, land usage for mill tailing storage, the creation of sludge tanks for vanadium milling slimes, etc. [6]. There are two main methods for processing titanomagnetites—pyrometallurgical methods (reduction melting to form metallic iron and titanium sludge) [7–9] and high-temperature hydrometallurgical methods (autoclave leaching at elevated temperatures up to 200 ◦C and pressures up to 25–40 atm.) [10–12]. The disadvantages of the pyrometallurgical method include the large material and energy expenditures for titanomagnetite processing; titanium contained in the raw material is not extracted and is lost with the waste at different stages of the process. Moreover, one of the most important disadvantages of this method is that titanium remains in the processed materials and significantly reduces their quality. This is one of the reasons why the concentration of titanium in raw materials should be less than 4% [4]. Also, the chloride method of material processing based on the treatment of the ore by hydrochloric acid can be used. Disadvantages of this method include high costs for processing one ton of ore and negative impact on the environment. In addition, the usage of the chloride method as a technology for titanomagnetite ore processing is economically impractical due to the low content of titanium in such ores [13–16]. Consequently, the purpose of this research is to develop more cost-effective and efficient ways for complex hydrometallurgical processing of titanomagnetite with the possibility of obtaining iron and titanium-vanadium concentrates.
    minerals-08-00002.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.001(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $86.37M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $119.9K 2.412M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 86483 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.1¢ 75153 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.