ALK 0.99% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

correct - not only Nic but everyone else who presents have to...

1. 7,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1446
    correct - not only Nic but everyone else who presents have to bow to the master... check the CFO's and IC presos and you will see all spend significant time to praise the "very supportive Chairman" who in my eyes is just totally useless as he is not paying attention to what is going on at ALK and only milks wages.

It seems Nic has been hired just to hang around and follow orders. Nic, after so many years at ALK, is yet to develop even the most basic geology and exploration knowledge to allow him to at least be articulate on high level when he explains the potential of certain projects - and ALK does not have many.

The last Crux interview was not bad when compared to his first interview and I should have clarify this before. But overall it was poor performance - though I have to say he did ok job when he explain the production hub strategy around m&a in NSW and WA - he could have done better job even on that subject but at least he did brought one important point while in many other interview or presos he just produces word-salads.

On almost every interview or preso Nic comes up with zingers that are embarrassing. Once when he was along with IC he said that they did seismic survey and NMPP and IC had to correct him as that was not the case - going by memory and could have been some other activity but he was clearly wrong.
    These surveys cost lot of money and the MD has not idea where the company conducts such surveys - LOL

Another time when he tried to explain the potential of Roswell and SanA joining at depth was really embarrassing as he did not know how to articulate and highlight the MAIN point or the implications if these two orebodies join at depth as one continuous zone.

Every time he tries to describe porphyries he sounds like a 6 year old.

The 121 preso was terrible. He sounded like he was talking to the HC business case experts who have no clue how a resource progresses to a reserve - aka talking to retail clowns. He, as he pointed out during Crux Interview, was presenting and trying to attract institutional interest - this was not retail crowd so they were well versed in resource companies while he came across like talking to 9-year-olds. Good luck with that. Literary he wasted money that ALK could have used to drill a decent RC hole Allendale.

I can go on all day with examples of terrible performances.

But the worst is he admitted ALK are 6 weeks behind production during an interview, but he conveniently omitted (unless I missed it) to mention that in the last Q report. The Q report is not even 4 weeks old so there is no way Nic and friends did not know they were 6 weeks behind.
    And that is on top of the missed production during last Q and the apparent budget blowout from the expansion project.

And the BoDS pretends this is OK.

The MD and the BoDs better pray ALK not to attract instos as they all will end up being voted out.

Link to the interview... and the interesting bit is around 2min where he explains the resource actually shrunk while the reserves went up which is technically bad news as there is less resource to convert into reserves - for the Business Case guru and the odd 14 who seem to have no idea how reserves are converted and refuse to spend 30min to do some reading on the subject but will argue until they turn blue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 48.0¢ $944.9K 1.900M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 134206 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.