ALK 0.99% 50.0¢ alkane resources limited

the session tomorrow will be interesting if people start asking...

1. 7,689 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1446
    the session tomorrow will be interesting if people start asking questions.

Nic had plenty of time to prepare clear announcement and that is not the case here. And he knows some of us are being very critical of his poor communication. Also, isn't the BoDs approving these announcements? Can't anyone on the BoDs notice there is more clarity needed and assist?

I can't blame Nic 100% for the poor communication even though the buck stops with him but some people on that BoDs should provide some support with the preparation of these announcements and have to be accountable.

Some good points and news as costs blowout will be lower than expected.

while typing the above I noticed Nic responded to my email, and to paraphrase, it says something along the lines the final decision is referring to the bulk of the spending for the expansion rather than the early-stage preparations that are low costs - this should have been clear in the announcement as without such explanation, statements on page 1, 3 and 4 are contradicting each-other.

Main criteria that can influence the decision is if POG makes significant moves.

In nutshell some work will continue in order to everything to be ready for rapid deployment. Looks like some long lead items will be ordered too (if I am reading the email correct). It seems if POG does not fall by a lot the decision to go ahead will be OK'd in early 2025. As they get closer to that date ALK will be preparing the ground and make some larger investments such as long lead items as I can't see many long lead items being cheap - normally these are big plant components.
    Once they make the call the team will be ready to develop the plant and rest at very fast pace. These are risks that should have been explained properly. Some of these risks need to be taken in order to make sure things will go smooth later on and the project does not fall too far behind.

And would have been nice if ALK could have put numbers behind these expenses with commentary why they are needed so everyone knows what is at risks and why ALK is taking these risks. - I mentioned this to Nic and believe he will include something along these lines.

He will explain/cover my points/questions tomorrow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.99%)
Mkt cap ! $301.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.5¢ 51.5¢ 48.0¢ $944.9K 1.900M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 134206 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 7500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.