ALK 4.00% 48.0¢ alkane resources limited

months ago, few of us here posted that CAI was going through...

1. 7,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1477
    months ago, few of us here posted that CAI was going through death with thousand cuts and ALK should have seen it. it wasn't that hard to work out that CAI was skating on very thin ice and the risks levels were way too high.
    As I stated few months ago, ALK should have been selling their stake gradually. Even if they would not manage to exit fully they still would have get couple of millions out by now.
    it just shows you someone fell asleep there and no matter what others will say this is a fact. if there is no single buyer for your stake you sell in small trenches on the open market. many others have done it in the past.

Alternative was for ALK to consolidate all the ground around CAI and then take over CAI and hope to find additional resources at higher grades - if ALK wanted to stick around. but best option was to start selling and cut their losses.

the very red flag was about 9 days before CAI went down and when DR gave that Crux interview. Watch it and you'll see what I mean. CAI paid for that interview and DR should have been prepared but instead he kept giving very vague responses to almost every question. by this time it would have been too late for ALK to act but for some small holders it should have been the signal to cut their losses and walk away.

@speculator101 ALK does not have to increase their exploration budget for now but they can better align it to produce news flow. drill Driell between now and Sep. Drill few holes around Roswell and SA that are more likely to produce good results - between Sep and Oct. This will keep the news-flow alive and while ALK is conducting surveys and AC drilling at NMPP and looking for new drill targets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.020(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $289.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.8¢ 47.5¢ $1.265M 2.583M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 33546 47.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 1321 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.