ALK 2.83% 51.5¢ alkane resources limited

also there is a line how shallow the Open Pits can be and lot...

1. 7,680 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1446
    also there is a line how shallow the Open Pits can be and lot depends on how shallow the resources are. hence why I don't write off completely Joel's argument regarding the open pits.

it all depends what the strip ratio is at the start. normally, at the start open pits don't make much money as the initial stages involve lot of waste removal and probably lower grade zones. from year 2-3 onwards the company accesses higher grades and the strip ratio falls which makes the operation viable and the payback period kicks in.
    Hence why I think ALK will prefer to relocate the highway and keep the pits as they are in order to offer maximum return from them.

My take is, if ALK decides to make the pits shallower and tries to mine those resources via UG access then there may not be pits at all. Unless POG rips above $4.5k aud as then anything will be mineable as long as costs don't follow the price of gold.

really can't wait to see what this plan is.

btw - something is not right with ASM.. judging by what the SP is doing there. implications are it may trigger more selling of ALK by IG - which is not bad thing if it happens, but we will suffer more SP falls short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.5¢
Change
-0.015(2.83%)
Mkt cap ! $310.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.0¢ 53.0¢ 51.5¢ $754.0K 1.443M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 82001 51.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.5¢ 58308 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.