ALK 5.10% 51.5¢ alkane resources limited

I think ALK will be able to generate enough profits from the UG...

1. 7,712 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1451
    I think ALK will be able to generate enough profits from the UG operations to fund rest of the development (highway, pits etc..) as the UG resource is large enough.
    Looks like ALK may opt for 70-80Koz p/a production and that will give them decent LOM alas at higher AISC.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6241/6241626-91daa8c9824352dee28ba231fb91c53b.jpg

IG is doing more damage than good but he protects his own interests so he will not allow CR even CR makes sense - if he could afford he would have support it. Hence why I hope he ends being forced to sell more ALK. And also hope more retail investors learn how to read and wake up and start voting to force a change on the BoDS. IG with his 18% can't control the BoDs if retail investors vote his mates out and introduce independent directors.

If the efficiency of the plant is Nic's work then Nic should be offered a role as COO as he is not MD material, but he earned the right to have senior role - if the operation of the plant is his achievement that is.

As Joel pointed out earlier there is no clarity of ALK are doing exploration wise at the legacy operations. And we see more production coming from there and Nic kept saying there is more exploration going on there.

McLeans is accessible via the production drive and as a bonus is inside the mining license so can be developed fast. That is my understanding.

Same as you - can't wait to see this 5Y plan - hope it does have enough detail and clear goals with milestones for each year rather than being word salad full of ambiguous goals.

The magic sauce here is for ALK to report more UG intercepts outside the known resource. And this is something ALK should have been working on as soon as they realised they are blowing the budget on the expansion project. This is risk mitigation 101.

all my own views/speculations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.5¢
Change
0.025(5.10%)
Mkt cap ! $310.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
51.0¢ 51.5¢ 50.0¢ $470.9K 924.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 54063 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.5¢ 31847 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.