PGH 1.35% 75.0¢ pact group holdings ltd

I’m sorry but that is incorrect. I have already posted on HC...

1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 301

I’m sorry but that is incorrect. I have already posted on HC (under PGH) several times about the creep rule. The law is clear about this. You can only use the so-called creep rule (i.e. Corps Act s 611(9)) if you have not already used one of the other exceptions in s611 to the general prohibition on acquisitions in s606. RG used the takeover exceptions in parts 1 and 2 of s611 during his bid. The Allens takeover handbook confirms this “Acquisitions of up to 3% every 6 months from a starting point above 19%. Notethat a person who has acquired more than 20% under another exception (like a takeover bid) must wait 6 months beforeit can make acquisitions under this [creep] exception”.

The drafting of the takeovers sections is such that this also captures any ‘associates’ of RG, as determined under the Corps Act, so it can’t be circumvented by using a different but related buyer. Thus RG cannot buy any shares under the creep rule before 7 December 2024.

Thus it wouldn’t matter what price RG was prepared to pay: he can’t buy any shares under creep, on or off market, even if people want to sell to him.

The other important point is, again as I have posted several times before, RG cannot mount another takeover bid for PGH for at least 4 months from 7 June. This is stated in the Takeovers Panel Guidance Note 1; this was expressly revised in 2018 to add new commentary and footnote39 to state see ASIC Regulatory Guide 25, TaiwanResources NL 06 [2000]ATP 15, Summit Resources Limited [2007] ATP 9, RinkerGroup Limited 02 [2007] ATP 17, Rinker Group Limited 02R [2007]ATP 19, Luderick Limited [2012] ATP 3 and LuderickLimited 01R [2012] ATP 4.For example, unacceptable circumstances are likely toarise if, after making a ‘no increase’ statement [which Bennamon did], thebidder (or an associate) announces another bid (or a scheme) within 4 months after the bid closes andoffers increased consideration (unless that is contemplated by a clear qualification to the ‘no increase’ statement [which Bennamon certainly did not do/ say] )” Most lawyers had already assumed, before June 2018, that that was the policy but GN1 was intentionally changed to ensure certainty on this point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
75.0¢
Change
0.010(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $258.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
73.5¢ 76.0¢ 73.5¢ $14.88K 19.73K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2039 75.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
77.0¢ 740 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.