RKT 12.5% 0.7¢ rocketdna ltd.

I consider this stock a long term investment because the...

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 53
    I consider this stock a long term investment because the fundamentals of a commercial drone ecosystem / market are not mature and may not be obvious to most. I am optimistic it will be a booming industry, it will grow big, but not fast. The relativity easy part of a commercial drone ecosystem is to make and sell the drones, and sell the spacial data services that support flight services in the natural physical and built environments etc. You will need licensed drone pilots and a licensed aerodrome for flight and pilot services. There is space here for someone to do that for you - its not easy!

On a mine site its relatively simple to operate your aerodrome and conduct flight operations, as its all probably over your own land - or unpopulated land. But consider how complex operating in the urban landscape will be, each drone operator needs to be aware of each other and someone like Airservices needs to mediate all flight envelopes in the airspace and maintain physical separation of all drones in real-time - which is not humanly possible at the scale that's coming - we will need automated airspace management, all drones uniquely identified and communicating their position etc to a central system, it cannot be done autonomously or in isolation. So until Airservices or another agency emerges that has that capability to be the go between for of drones to identify and and provide surveillance to manage unauthorised flights, the number of operators and drones in the urban airspace will be limited, flight corridors will be strict.

Another regulatory barrier to entry for commercial purchasers of drones is that those companies need to get flight paths approved from CASA/Airservices - which can take weeks to months and they need to have enough radio licenses for the Drone pilots from CASA, that's what makes it difficult to just buy some drones and integrate them into your commercial operations.

Its an opinion
    Last edited by RandomDecisions: correction 06/02/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.7¢
Change
-0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $4.593M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ $2.109K 301.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 4480210 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 6593445 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.12am 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.7¢ 0.7¢ 0.7¢ 18878
Last updated 10.58am 07/05/2024 ?
RKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.