WKT 4.00% 12.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

Hi potchipMaybe calm down. It seemed this topic had reached a...

1. 469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 341
    Hi potchip

Maybe calm down. It seemed this topic had reached a natural conclusion in discussions with @Stirer.

FA finalisation IS complex, time consuming and definitely at the whim of the Tanz Gov. The evidence is there for all to see, across multiple ASX companies (and surely those listed on other exchanges that I am less familiar with). It is a huge undertaking for a mining department that has undergone significant recent structural change to simultaneously work though Framework Agreements with a multitude of Tanz processor hopefuls. Tanz Gov felt aggrieved in past dealings with mining companies (no surprises there) and are clearly laying down a foundation that should ensure that Tanz benefits from their own mineral wealth - absolutely fair enough and I doubt that many companies dispute this.

Complex, as all legal/technical terms of mineral JV agreements can be (even without gov involvement). Clearly time consuming in that a number of companies have been at this for 2 years, since the political environment stabilised under the current president (particularly for those proposing additional downstream processing operations). Tanz Gov clearly dictates to a large degree how these negotiations play out. Take a look at the recent EV1 announcement (negotiations completed, simply waiting on the Tanz Gov to arrange a politicised signing ceremony)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4902/4902929-7ddb56a8dcb418ece4e497f58694b07a.jpg

I have not seen evidence of "deliberate obfuscation to justify delays in progress" by peers, nor any making a "song and dance around it". Rubbish. I would surely agree that EGR management have provided very little detail, but that would be true to form on all fronts. Awful comms practices.

Have you read the latest legislation (SPR 2022)? Or the EGR threads for that matter? Even WKT announcements?

The Tanz Gov 16% non-dilutable FCI in the holding entity is law. Federal. WKT went above and beyond with commitment to local investment. All ASX listed companies have a Tanz holding entity that will facilitate this. It is NOT an FA. WKT have not signed an FA. EGR has not signed an FA. Plenty of other companies have not signed an FA.

As raised before, having commenced construction already, perhaps WKT are exempt from this requirement - I very much doubt it.

"Instead, you should be asking your company what's stopping them from progressing this 'FA' that's seemingly so insurmountable". LOL. Read the EGR threads - it won't take you long to see this. Plenty of discontent and concerns with management. Also, if interested, have a look at the dealings of PEK with the Tanz Gov over the last 2 years. This is not straightforward.

"oh, up until recently it is easy, Tanzania was not the top focus! But guess not any more, just nobody knows why the about face?" Wow, the ignorance. You mean, from 2017 (major Magufuli Tanz Gov legislative upheaval/rug pull) through to early 2021 (Magufuli death and subsequent improvement in political/legislative stability for miners under Samia Suluhu Hassan )? Yes, attributed zero value to Epanko during this time (sovereign risk, not economics Croc). Really that difficult to comprehend the ramp up in company focus on Epanko?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $80.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $8.187K 66.61K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 209347 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 118767 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.48am 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ 15832
Last updated 12.18pm 08/05/2024 ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.