MAY 27.1% 6.1¢ melbana energy limited

This isnt entirely correct... I'll try add some detail. Wireline...

1. 1,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1583
    This isnt entirely correct... I'll try add some detail.

Wireline Logging:
    - Gets petropysical (rock) properties of the reservoir, (porosity, permeability, resistivity, etc.) but only in the small area immediately around the wellbore.
    - May also take oil samples downhole in the process for PVT measurements later on.
    - The above is then used to calculate volumes with more accuracy than what was assumed previously, as it gives also an indication on water saturation, etc and not just bulk volume. Should lead to a change in the resources estimate.
    - Can measure the pressure and temperature of the reservoir at different depths to inform the pressure and temperature gradient. Pressure data later used to assume water oil contacts, etc. if it is not drilled through (as in our case)

Flow testing:
    - The well is opened (usually constrained) and allowed to flow for some period of time. Gives an indication of productivity of the well, allows to estimate what the peak rate of the well could be if unconstrained.
    - When the well is shut-in after the flow period, the build-up of reservoir pressure is monitored. From this, properties like permeability are estimated (different to wireline as it assesses permeability away from the well location and not just at the well location - sometimes up to hundreds of meters or in to the km away).
    - The well test also gives an idea of connected volumes, boundaries in the reservoir (if there are any sealing faults nearby, degraded reservoir quality nearby, compartmentalisation, fluid contacts, etc.). The well test may be able to see the water oil contact since it remains an uncertainty for us having not drilled through it.
    - Sometimes downhole oil samples are taken (I assume they will be in this well), and oil samples are taken again from surface in the separator... but having a downhole sample is important.

So basically... wireline logging gives you a better idea of the reservoir properties immediately around the well location while the well flow test will give you an idea of the reservoir further away from the well location.
    Last edited by 7seven7: 20/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
0.013(27.1%)
Mkt cap ! $205.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 6.1¢ 4.9¢ $769.4K 13.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 111111 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.1¢ 246576 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.