AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

At present the takeover bid by Gina is Hostile as the BOD have...

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    At present the takeover bid by Gina is Hostile as the BOD have not recommended her offer. By Twiggy making complaints to the takeover panel it shows that he is ready to get into a fight with Gina. Gina however owns a 20% share of the company. Twiggy must be aware that this tactic is even less likely to do a deal with her over buying her shares in the company.
    The other thing I am considering is that I believe that this quarter AGO might be profitable and certainly it seems that they will be able to survive for a longtime. Also the closer they get to mining their own lithium the more valuable the market will see AGO so for Twiggy to delay any takeover or further purchases of shares by himself or Gina could be very dangerous. Also the time delay lets other potential bidders build up a stake in AGO.
    It really is going to be fascinating as to what happens in the next few weeks or months. The potential upside is HUGE for holders not selling and the downside is currently limited at 4.3 cents. The only way is up as far as I am concerned and seems like Twiggy must realise that he can't get AGO unlisted so it could be the best he can hope for is to buy more than 50% of the shares and therefore that is the best way he and FMG can benefit from AGO. Both Gina and shareholders will also see the benefits in the true value of FMG if this is what plays out. I certainly wouldn't rule out Gina increasing her bid in the next few days or weeks as clearly her offer unlikely to get many shares at present.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.