AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Ann: TOV: AGO - Panel Receives Application, page-23

1. 5,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1777
    I don't think anyone was expecting this at all.

I agree with your take on things.

Twiggy is a shrewd operator and given the amount of jobs and revenue he has contributed to the state of Western Australia, he would have a lot of leverage. The same could be said about Gina.

The premier recently did say he was watching the Atlas proceedings with interest and would not discount that the eventual company to take over Atlas could be granted additional capacity within Port Headland. This was contrary to what minister Rita Saffi had said.

What is quite interesting is that it appears there has been little or no communication between Hancock and FMG. I would have thought there would have been negotiations behind the scenes but I appears none has eventuated. This is massive plus for us given both entities are staunchly trying to gain control of the company.

Even if Gina goes to the trouble of rectifying her bidder's statement to satisfy FMG's concerns, I also don't think Twiggy would go ok "we are happy. We will accept now".

This would be his way of relaying to her that we are not accepting the offer. Don't waste your time. You may as well come up with something much much better that I may accept or just walk away as I will come up with a bid soon enough that will satisfy shareholders and it will get the support of the WA government.

Either way, this should be seen as a positive for us.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.