re: Ann: TOV: Minemakers Limited - Declarati... Blast, it's up...

1. 9,297 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1119
    re: Ann: TOV: Minemakers Limited - Declarati... Blast, it's up now and the segment was all about local opposition:

www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2012/s3534286.htm

From all my reading the local Namibian opinion represented is very inaccurate - the project is outside the bulk of the fishing grounds, the dredged area each year is quite small and the ecology of the sediments is minimal being supposedly quite sterile. Further the Environmental Impact Studies undertaken drew praise from the independant analysts and even suggested that whilst there may be some impact on the fisheries it is possible that the stirring of sediment will generate a spread of nutrients into the sea columns that may in fact stimulate life. (I believe this has happened in Port Phillip Bay as a consequence of the marine dredging there in recent years).

So, as far as environmental impact from mining is concerned, our project should be close to as low as it gets. Nevertheless a vocal opposition, even if inerrant, attracting media support can hardly be called helpful. I sincerely hope that MAK hasn't brought premature attention to the issue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $11.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $4.849K 969.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 6061535 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 6702447 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.55pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AEV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.