TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

Ann: TOV: TAP Panel Declines to Make Declaration, page-9

1. 11,021 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3691
    Here is the takeovers panel reasoning behind their decision

http://www.takeovers.gov.au/content...sons_for_decisions/2017/023.htm&pageID=&Year=

He said/She said

"On 10 October 2017, Mr Menzies emailed Mr Subrata in response stating, "The position outlined in your email below [sent on 4 October 2017] has some consistency with my recollection of what you and Chatchai both outlined as what you wanted to see happen with both the composition of the Tap Board and Tap's strategy going forward, although it has been watered down from how it was put to me in Jakarta,  I recall you both mentioning that the idea to use TAP, as a listed company, to join forces with NGP in its arbitration efforts came from [Mr Kohar]  when [Mr Kohar] meet with Chatchai in Bali in September".  Mr Subrata responded by email on the same day stating, "Clearly you and me have different recollections of our meeting in Jakarta"."

Indonesia, Thailand, ... aren't exactly at the top of the honor roll IMO. I'd believe Jim Menzies anyday before those two "businessmen".

Anyone needing to express their dissatisfaction with the Takeover Panel decision please contact Allan. How it can be determined that they are not colluding with each other and why they are permitted to hold in excess of 20% is indefensable IMHO.

Allan Bulman | Director | Takeovers Panel

Level 10, 63 Exhibition Street Melbourne 3000
    [email protected]
    ' +61 3 9655 3597

upload_2018-1-3_14-24-40.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.