PER 3.57% 8.7¢ percheron therapeutics limited

ann: tox results, page-37

1. 8,256 Posts.
    Not sure what all the concern is about.

The market as usual often knee-jerks and in the case of biotechs, when Day and Swing Traders jump on announcements, anything can happen, particularly if they have no understanding about (in this case) what the anticipated results might be.

Toxicology Studies (in animals) are designed to underpin Human efficacy trials. In this case, any trial of at least 6 months is classified as "Chronic" - as far as I am concerned, the longer the trial for treatment of an MS Drug, the better, and in this case, a Chronic Toxicology test is critical.

The wording of the announcement is standard for Chronic Toxicology Studies that produce positive results and perhaps the following paragraph scared off some Day-Traders who might have been expecting an inflection point today:

"Pending receipt and final data evaluation from the curr
    ent study, as well as review of all the preclinical and clinical data obtained, ANP is planning future regulatory agency discussions regarding further development of ATL1102 and the dosing regimen for a future Phase IIb trial in MS patients. The Company anticipates final review of the data by June this-year and follow-up discussions with the US
    Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at a pre-IND meeting during the 3rd quarter 2014."

This is Biotech - it is not Mining or Oil drills where a sudden positive assay result can send short-termers into an absolute lather.

We need to go through the motions and there are no shortcuts.

The only other comment I'd like to make here is a reference to something Mark said when announcing the Study back in June last year:

http://www.antisense.com.au/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/06/ASX-13_-4-June_ATL1102-Update_Final.pdf

"The toxicology study is being undertaken to underpin and validate plans to secure a partner to take ATL1102 forward to a Phase IIb study of ATL1102 in MS patients."

So this is what we need to look forward to, but I'd imagine only after June and more likely after their pre-IND discussions with the FDA during the 3rd Quarter.

It's all good!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PER (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.003(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $78.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.4¢ 8.7¢ 8.4¢ $72.99K 855.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 452608 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 398595 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PER (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.