TPG 0.00% $4.63 tpg telecom limited.

Ann: TPG Telecom Response to Media Article, page-6

1. 3,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    "Surprised the TPG shutting down customers email addresses system hasn't made more news, but then again I was amazed to see people still had @tpg and @bigpond email addresses as their only email."

Well I guess some of us have learned this the hard way but when an ISP offers an email service as part of a package you're paying for it's reasonable to expect them to come up with the goods.

It's not just that TPG is shutting down email services to it's clients.....what is of more concern is the total lack of communication with many of these clients regarding the shut down of email services. I'm with Internode and found out my email service is about to be cut from a friend. Four other people I've talked to who have there internet services with Internode similarly have received no notification from the company. One of my friends is my accountant who communicates with her clients via an internode email account. Its not like Internode dont have my email address......they use it to send me my monthly invoices and regular advertising guff. How hard would it be to organize a mass mail out to every email account on their mail servers??

The other issue of concern is the option TPG is offering to clients who want retain their current email services. They are required to opt in to letting a company by the name of The Messaging Company take over running of their email service. Little seems to be known about this company and when you read through the terms and conditions there are numerous reasons to be concerned. Basically they reserve the right to use your personal data as they see fit and also reserve the right to access your emails. TPG customers who have tried to contact TMC with questions have found this difficult....the only means of contacting the company is via a message sent via their website. No phone number or other means of talking to a real person. TPG will be bearing cost of first year of service with TMC but after that clients will have to pay for their email service. So far nobody knows how much this will cost.

All in all a situation that has been badly handled by TPG and IMO very unprofessional. I've ported my email service over to a Swiss based service and as soon as Ive finished changing all my email log ins and updating email info with a long list of companies Ill be taking by internet services to Aussie Broadband. Internode's NBN service has undergone a noticeable decline in quality since the TPG takeover. What used to be a top notch IP starteed by Simon Hackett has become an ISP equivalent of QANTAS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.63
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.608B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.63 $4.66 $4.59 $1.767M 381.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 9218 $4.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.64 2589 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TPG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.