KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

Ann: Trading Halt-KDR.AX, page-52

1. 2,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    The post linked to above by GordonAcko is mine from the BGS threads, a particular thread that was asking about comparisons between current Li company's at the time.

Most here will have read SN's of PLS post's with regard to the future of hard rock lithium sources, be aware of Joe Lowry's prognostications on the future of hard rock resources and their inevitable economic value.

I am not into cross promoting nor any sort of competition between either of the above coy's, I am rather more wanting and trying to educate myself and other small time investors about the intricacy's of the current lithium boom. One of the facts associated with the current opportunity's presented with regards to lithium will be that as supply fails to meet demand in coming years all new sources will be highly sought after by those at the coal face of battery production.

But only a few will be economical, and only a few of them will be real money makers for their shareholders.
    Some will rise and fall, some will just fade away back to the "X" explorer they were before Lithium came along to give them a boost.

But others have the opportunity to turn the lives of their holders upside down, those that hold ground with decent grade and thickness of ore over and above the norm will be in great demand over the next five to ten years. Brine can not meet the near term demand, and only hard rock resources will be able to scale up in time to meet it.

So this brings us to the intricacy's of what a hard rock Lithium deposit is. Spodumene is the key to it all, unless one has a whole bunch of Amblygonite in their deposit, which is quite rare from reading.

So while a heap of pegmatite might have a high grade Li value, unless it contains at least a decent amount of spodumene, or amblygonite it will not be economical to mine.... FULL STOP.

And that is my only point.

As I posted on the BGS thread, I do hope that KDR comes up with the goods as it will be good for all concerned and our country. But people do need to be aware that without either Spod in decent levels or amblygonite in never before seen levels, mining the deposit will not be economical.

Mica can have enormous grades of Li, but you can't make a battery out of Mica (for now). Pegmatite is not Spodumene, it is just an amalgamation of Lithium bearing elements, and while you can have a heap of pegmatite, unless you have the lithium bearing spodumene in decent amounts, you do not have an economic resource at this point in time.

No malice intended, no cross promoting intended either, I am just stating what I believe to be true with regards to the current circumstances.

I do hope that KDR has a plethora of Spodumene in the results, and if so will be buying in as it will be a massive new resource for the future of our soon to be new energy age.

Best wishes and good luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.