HUN 0.00% $1.80 hunnu coal limited

Hi jgo,You are undoubtedly right that some companies do engage...

1. 3,632 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi jgo,

You are undoubtedly right that some companies do engage in this sort of thing and enforcement is probably described as poor at best. Speeding tickets appear to be the only trigger for questions to be raised. I suggest that your comment "why not wait a few months to see where the markets will be" is on the extreme end of of the equasion. There's bending the rules and there's taking the puss.

It's also important to look at cause and affect in context. Sure on an up day for the market the SP raise from an announcement will look larger than on a down day. On an up day the price would have trended up anyway (all things being equal) so you get the double whammy. It would also be true to say that a good announcement on a down down limits the loss that otherwise would have happened should the announcement not have been released. Swings and roundabouts.

Not as exciting to just hold up in a down day as it is to get big win on up day but net result is the same on average if your a holder. If your just trading then a different story but personally I think the job of management is to serve the interests of shareholders who are on the register long enough to matter IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.