TVN 2.08% 4.7¢ tivan limited

As PB said supply is drying up in South Africa and although TNG...

1. 6,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    As PB said supply is drying up in South Africa and although TNG won't be producing for a while the big boys will be clambering to get binding long term off-take agreements locked and loaded away.

Happy Days are very close and those days will run into years my friends

"JOHANNESBURG (Metal-Pages) 20-May-15. South Africa's Vanchem Vanadium Products has been forced to stop production of vanadium-based products because of a lack of raw material supply. Vanchem declared force majeure on supplies to global customers earlier this month.
    "For all practical purposes, we have stopped production. We have run out of raw material. We don't have any stockpiles," the company's general manager Alex Oehmen said. "One or two small [shipments] are going out to customers, but we can't produce anything and have effectively stopped production and supply."
    Vanchem, part of Switzerland-based steel company Duferco, produces about 5,000 t/yr, including ferro vanadium, vanadium pentoxide flakes and vanadium chemicals. It is one of the world's few vertically integrated vanadium producers and one of the five largest producers of vanadium products. It has a joint venture with Japanese ferro-alloys manufacturer Nippon Denko to supply ferro vanadium to Japan.
    The production halt is directly linked to problems faced by South African Evraz Highveld Steel and Vanadium, which filed for bankruptcy protection last month. Evraz Highveld owns the Mapochs vanadium mine, in Roossenekal, Limpopo province, which supplied Vanchem with vanadium.
    Evraz Highveld is expected to provide an update on its situation on 22 May.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $81.19M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $235.2K 5.063M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 345105 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 571500 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.