ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 554
    Sorry but your comments are again unfounded.

The ERM acquisition of a stake in MEL was part of a larger strategy that included EGO and a direct holding of exploration assets. They really wanted to have and own sources of gas supply so that they could become a wholesaler of gas. They are a user of gas in their power-stations but the fully owned one is really only a peak demand one - so not a regular user of gas runs about 1% per year.
    They found it very difficult to break into the end-user supply and i think have let a trial just muddle along.

The strategic redirection came when they failed to get some of the NSW Electricity assets. They have stopped any further power-station development plans and have decided to expand rather into the USA in electricity wholesaling - much like the local model.

Whilst I do concede that they are not explorers they have a good understanding of the supply market and I think wanted to partner with the likes of Alcoa and EGO to make good partnership - the rest is history.

They would sell their equity I think for other reasons as they dont see this as core anymore.

Mel was a passive investment and they made that clear - EGO was supposed to be the same. MEL can hurt their electricity relationships with NSW government and I think they just dont need the stress. I think they were very active JV partners here and I think they do have an understanding needed to be a passive investor.
    Last edited by joewolf: 14/12/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.