LOM 3.45% 6.0¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Dave, in your first line you state "I don't think its for a...

1. 376 Posts.
    Dave, in your first line you state "I don't think its for a diamond find, they wouldn't call a trading halt for that"

Have you researched the company? please explain exactly why it could not be for that? I will explain why it could be.
    The company is in the business of mining alluvial diamonds on its lease so I agree, it will not call a trading halt for doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing. That being said, if they were to find something that was totally out of the ordinary that might significantly rerate the company I think they might. What if they have found a large blue on site? What if they have found a large pink. What if they have found a larger diamond than they have before, or a cluster of all of the above? All would significantly rerate the company and might call for a halt given its relative infancy in actual mining?

On top of that they have had TH for diamond finds in the past so to say they wouldn't call one for this reason again is not a logical assumption.

As for drilling, who knows. They said it would be onsite in Feb. They may not release an announcement to say when it has arrived or when it starts drilling, they have already told us it is coming and it will be drilling. So what if it has arrived, has drilled already and has intersected something of significance, that could be a diamond update?

Your third point is valid, it could be for this reason too although highly unlikely. My money is on the first two because they already have an agreement in place to sell all diamonds through the the Angolan Government run SODIAMauctions ( http://www.ebizguides.com/ebizpartners_see.php?id_country_sponsors=17&ebizpartnersid=494 ) and I don't see why SODIAM would change the way they conduct business when they are getting the exceptional prices for our diamonds that they are?

GLTA and DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.002(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $17.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.2¢ 5.8¢ $66.14K 1.103M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 333535 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 37599 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.