SOC 0.00% 11.0¢ soco corporation ltd

Hi @strauss The Halls Peak area supported several boutique mines...

1. 7,550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2075
    Hi @strauss

The Halls Peak area supported several boutique mines for base metals in the '70s ... so I am sure we can expect good grades. If we get additional intercepts to the ones already known then that is a positive but it can't be expected that the drilling just completed will significantly alter things. If the surface deposits were going to be re-opened for more mining that would already have happened. There are significant legacy issues due to poor mining practice in the '70s and I know there is a grass roots local opposition which will certainly make things difficult.

What makes Halls Peak interesting is the conductor which was only discovered in 2012. The high grade near surface deposits occur over an extensive area and are coincident with faulting .... the natural speculation is that is remobilized mineralization from ??? ... maybe a very good Sedex deposit underlying the whole area [which is 14 sq. K's]. This drilling is useless as far as that goes.

The conductor is about 500m's deep ... which if it is mineralized... is ideal for an underground mining operation and so completely bypasses any problems with stirring up toxic surface soil getting into waterways [my understanding is the problem is lead pollution]. Management has announced some supplementary drilling to test the conductor @ 300m's depth which apparently will happen after the rig has been to Mt Adrah. It is the conductor at Halls Peak which is the company maker if it is mineralized with useful grades. The surface stuff is a bit of a sideshow to the real commercial prospects.
    Last edited by Dazedandconfused: note to tag Ergo ... the O's are zeros ...otherwise it doesn't reach him 09/12/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30000 9.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.