CVN 0.00% 16.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

This is what CVN released on 8th Dec 2016 - at the time, we were...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 19,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2666
    This is what CVN released on 8th Dec 2016 - at the time, we were at 4840 metres.

"The rig is expected to take around 2-3 weeks to drill the final section of the well to a measured depth of approximately 5,500 metres and evaluate the Caley reservoir section with wireline logging tools."

One should note, the statement above provide an estimate of time it takes to drill to 5,500 metres and conduct wireline logging (which usually take a week).

The fact that we DID NOT drill to 5,500 metres (the measured depth) before they called a Trading Halt would suggest Good News.

This is because hydrocarbons rises to the top and that is where you expect to find it.   

In fact, I would be very concern if they drilled half way through the Caley sand before they reported signs of hydrocarbons  because that would suggest there wasn't much left and there was not enough pressure to drive it to the top of the Caley sand.

So the fact that it is at the top of the Caley sandstone would suggest there is enough pressure and there is a seal (Hove Shale).  In fact, this is very similar to both ROC1 and ROC2.

So Very Good News.

And IMHO, I believe we found hydrocarbons at the top of the Caley sandstone.  

How much of it is the unknown factor.

But the fact they called a trading halt would suggest something that will move the share price.

The above is all my personal opinion.

DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $295.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 16.5¢ 16.3¢ $887.4K 5.384M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
17 286883 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 40386 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.