SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-2

1. 1,668 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 483
    Good news I would say,
    Remember santos did an equity raising and had Hony Capital come ontot he register.
    Something similar here I would say.
    Most likely kick in circa $100m in exchange for fresh issued equity % at maybe .25 or .28c
    Whatever the numbers......
    The fresh capital will allow SXY to get stuck into bringing WSGP to market......as opposed to being at the mercy of STO.
    There has been a lot of doubt as to whether WSGP could produce at commercial rates = field quality (me included)...
    AND more importantly very little value per share has been attributed to Senex for this resource (if any)
    BUT, IF you get an equity buy in, injecting capital.....that's a huge confidence boost.......
    SO, what does that ultimately mean.....IMO....a re rating by the investment banks....attributing a $ value to the asset (WSGP) which in turn equates to an increased share price.
    HOW much.......don't know the numbers.......how much is a 20 year gas deal with STO worth on a even a $3 per GJ net net (reflecting even IF the flows from WSGP are medium to average pay back.
    AND this $3 per GJ will start producing free cashflow by 2018 .....
    Now I am speculating .... but it should add 5 to 10c to the SP , even IF the equity buy in is done at .25c
    Its about being able to add value to the share price , based upon a resource )WSGP) that previously most IB's didn't put a VPS on.....
    FINALLY.....the lack of buying on market past week, coupled with the falling SP , which created the pattern CEOchair mentioned, might just have been created by the new Strategic Partner ..... not wanting the SP to move prior to their deal being done.....who know's what games the big boys play on a stock like this where with low volumes the SP can be pushed around.
    IN SUMMARY......I'd be looking for the Investment Banks revaluations to come in once this deal is announced and their cash hits the bank account of Senex.....AND the forward drilling program is announced....
    YES....i've been rambling......BUT this is the most exciting news to come out of Senex for well over 2 years......seems we have a future now.....excitement will bring sentiment back....IMO
    Last edited by Elliot5: typo 30/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.