BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

i would be wary of buying any shares in the near term as I think...

1. 11,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 627
    i would be wary of buying any shares in the near term as I think the USD gold price has run out steam and could be headed back to 1200. The gold price usually weakens by end of Feb/early March. The Chindian festival seasons are just about done. Gold demand being held up by investment/speculation inflows in ETFs, but for how long without some key catalyst. Should we continue hoping that Trump stuffs up, Italian banks go bust, Le Pen gets elected, Euro blows up?

I will buy some more BDR for a trade if it heads down to 26-27 cents, possibly mid year.

Next US Fed meetings are on 14-15 March, then 2-3 May and 13-14 June. There will be at least one rate hike somewhere by mid June. Gold price does badly leading into a rate hike and runs up afterwards. Retail gold demand in Chindia/Middle East has been down for some time.

We know BDR is struggling and we are living in hope that SJ will finally turn things around - he has yet to provide a clear plan, costs and a timeline for doing that. This is a major failing of his leadership and I would say he is deliberately keeping shareholders in the dark, while feeding a few H/C posters with hopeful messages in the knowledge it will be passed on to keep the true believers here hanging on. SJ is not stupid so there is a reason why we are getting a paucity of information in the quarterly reports.

I am looking forward to seeing the next half report, where it is harder to hide info.

loki

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.