CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. JID
    3,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 838
    Hi Guys,

Just dropped in after reading the announcement.

RR, no - sorry I am not privy to information about the CR as I am no longer a shareholder. Whilst I still have material gold exposure I decided not to continue my BDR investment in the 2H last year.

Whilst I truly hope that this CR is for growth opportunities as some are suggesting here, I think that the last QR paints a very different picture:

- Poor head grade fed into the mill relative to expectations (anecdotally 2.2g/t targeted from conversations at last AGM)

- Issues with mining fleet efficiency and amount of material being moved. Regardless of the reasons (constrained pit) this has been ongoing both pre and post MACA

- Mill issues during the Quarter that reduced throughput

- Reconciliation issues between stated AISC and cash balance at Quarter end

- Upcoming capex required including Mill alterations to deal with transitional/ fresh ore and power infrastructure

- Wet season is now in full swing which has historically been a large cash drain on BDR. IMO the 2H 2016 was very disappointing in terms of cash build on the balance sheet (or lack thereof).

- Longer term the transition from oxide to transitional/ fresh ore presents recovery and throughput risks at this stage until proven otherwise

- The BRL is no longer providing a tailwind for BDR's in country costs and, if other commodities continue to recover could become a serious headwind.

- FY17 guidance provided no company specific growth opportunities - treading water. Only growth will come from generic gold price increases and if this is why you're invested, you may as well invest in a miner with a much greater production profile.

My speculation is that SJ is shoring up the balance sheet whilst sentiment is good and before Q1 2017 results are released to the market.

I would anticipate a further drain in cash from this Quarter (excluding CR) and whilst the exploration results are very encouraging I have discounted BDR from my shopping list - single mine in the jungle with ongoing operational issues and currently bleeding cash from the balance sheet.

Good luck and I hope that things are not as I have speculated.

Cheers
    John

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.