PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Amused about people bleating when they haven't even seen the...

1. 1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    Amused about people bleating when they haven't even seen the release so have no idea why the company wants these funds. If they were pulling a cap raising every few months just to keep going and pay salaries, then I'd agree, but it seems far more likely that the company sees the need to expand its capacity because of tho China arrangement. If that's the case, I'm very pleased to see them getting the funds. Those complaining about dilution seem only to see one side of the equation. Yes, there are more shares and everyone's current share is diluted, but that's because an investor has made the company more valuable by putting capital into it. The money hasn't disappeared because its now 'ours' and can be put to use by 'us' to increase sales. 25% of a $100 company is just as good as 50% of a $50 one remember. I imagine we'll lose a few % in the short term, but investors wouldn't invest without some sort of discount so its just a question of whether the money benefits offset the cost in dilution. I wasn't selling anyway and I'm pretty happy to see my speculative buy of shares in a small, but intriguing penny dreadful continuing to morph into a safer and more valuable holding in a bigger, more financially stable company that sees the need to invest in itself through a cap raise. It still seems a good buy to me.
    Last edited by cortinaboy: 18/09/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.