HGV 2.27% 4.3¢ hygrovest limited

I'm not sure the cost of building cultivation etc assets in...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I'm not sure the cost of building cultivation etc assets in Australia, under the currently immature regulatory environment, is worth the spend - yet.

We effectively have those things in Canada which is far more amenable jurisdiction. It would be wiser to expand there than fight to set up shop here.

Once Australia gets it shit together, we'd have a relatively easy time securing a licence given a proven history of compliance in Canada (compared to the effort it would take to currently lobby etc in Au). Australia is hardly a world leader in the industry, and I'm genuinely interested to know why people consider it a location worth pushing for at this stage (on the other hand, I'm mad keen for the market here to mature as much as it has in the northern hemisphere as soon as possible, and would love to see MMJ push it along).

Personally, I'd like to see a continuation of MMJ's diversification into assets which complement the existing, though not at the cost of expanding UG. We need to increace harvest capacity as much as posible as soon as possible. Having sufficient inhouse production of raw material to work with in our other ventures is better than buying at higher cost from the competition. UG is also our best short term prospect for value growth until medical trials are complete.

If the deal is with ESE, it's not a bad pickup. Their operation gives us access to the oils side of things which AFAIK we are not licenced for in Canada. It's focus on terpenes is also realtively unique, and an aspect of the weed industry which is mostly overlooked.

Worth a read - https://www.medicaljane.com/2013/09/23/terpenes-may-improve-effectiveness-of-medical-marijuana/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.001(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $9.043M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 4.3¢ $24.86K 578.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1002500 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 18978 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.03pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.