AC8 0.00% 4.0¢ auscann group holdings ltd

Ann: Trading Halt, page-12

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    presumably stock specific good news given the well established business of DayaCann

BUT the much bigger news is the takeover in Canada over night - I am surprised all the names are not like CAN up strongly

In last month we have seen Constellation Brands come into 10% of Canopy Growth and now some corporate activity in the sector as it begins to rationalise

The key issue is who will be big enough and most especially well supported enough to actually make it market next year  - the whole legislative process will still be hard to negotiate and only the larger names will make it in my view - smaller name if they have specific attributes may be ok and potentially rolled up into the bigger names

But otherwise you need to be in a genuine vehicle with financial clout as the game gets more serious: CAN; AC8 are stand out names

From Canada press overnight :

"Look out, Canopy Growth Corporation. Your reign as the pure-play marijuana stock with the highest market cap might not last for long.
    On Tuesday, Aurora Cannabis announced that it had submitted a proposal to acquire all shares of another Canadian marijuana grower, CanniMed Therapeutics. Aurora is offering to buy CanniMed, which trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for $24 per share."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AC8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.