WMC 0.00% 20.5¢ wiluna mining corporation limited.

You could be onto something here and I had a look into what you...

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    You could be onto something here and I had a look into what you are saying with great interest.

Here's my take on what you're alluding to - It's pure speculation so we're talking complete hypotheticals here and all IMHO only:

However, if you are indeed right then God help all the shareholders.

If there is indeed a predator who is looking to settle old scores, how do you think they would go about doing what you say they might be doing?

Why would you pay $60M to get 40% of BLK when you can let it go under and buy the lot from Orion for $39M?

What's the best way to let it go under? String BLK along that you're still pressing ahead and then at the last minute pull out of the deal. BLK goes into VA and you start negotiating with Orion and any other creditors.

You've not only settled the old score, you've got yourself full ownership of the mine (whatever that might be worth in today's circumstances)

One would have to be very naive to think that the predator is concerned about mum & dad shareholders. At the bigger end of town nobody cares and they would be ridiculed if they left any money on the table for others when there's no legal obligation to do so.

This is of course assuming that the predator wants the mine. If they don't want the mine, they can still let it go under and settle the score without investing any money into the mine. They'll still have their revenge.

But to keep things in some perspective, BLK's woes and problems are not caused by old grudges. They simply don't have the grades and it costs too much to get the ounces out of the ground. Management have been burning through more than $60M in cash in 13 months while trying to put on a show that all will be well.

Unless they start delivering some results, that show will soon be over...

While reading up on the history of old grudges, one should also read up on the history of Apex's problems.

I think that gives a clearer picture of what's happening to BLK right now and why.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.