MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Poster X may have fallen victim to the inherent dangers of...

1. 534 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Poster X may have fallen victim to the inherent dangers of cognitive dissonance...i.e. trying to convince him/herself that they had made the correct decision despite falling price trend and the facts like charts with a regular series of lower lows and lower highs or declining price under a set of 20/50/100/200  moving averages clearly visible to them. There are lessons for all.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cognitive-dissonance.asp

"A theory of investor behavior that attempts to explain why investors refuse to admit to themselves that they've made a poor investment decision so they don't have to face the unpleasant feelings associated with that decision. Regret avoidance causes investors to not correct bad decisions, which can make those decisions worse. Regret avoidance is the result of cognitive dissonance. Regret avoidance also provides an alternative to economists Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky's prospect theory, which provides another explanation of why individuals make irrational decisions."

“There is a huge amount of freedom that is derived from not fighting the market.”
    ― Yvan Byeajee, Zero to Hero: How I went from being a losing trader to a consistently profitable one - a true story!
    Last edited by obladiblada01: 11/02/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.