AUZ 12.5% 0.7¢ australian mines limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-184

1. 2,178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 883
    Finally someone who's using their brain here. Upfront (in part) financing plus a big investment bank (or a consortium) for debt financing to full production is the most likely scenario here. It avoids dilution and guarantees that AUZ remains in full control - which absolutely critical at this stage of the game.

My view is that the roadshow is in part a promotion, but also a "hurry up" message to potential partners. The message is clear, if you don't sign a deal that's attractive now, somebody else will. Just look at all the car manufacturers retooling for EV.

My view also is that the DRC is an absolute nightmare. Way too unstable, questionable practices and too far from any infrastructure and dominated with the Chinese. I saw a twitter poll the other day stating that 67% of responded that AVZ was going to win the BMW deal. They've got rocks in their heads. Why would a premier, tier-1 global car maker throw in their future (and reputation) some the DRC and be tied to Chinese whims. Just plain crazy.

We are signing with either a EU or US manufacturer wanting to secure a long term supply deal at fair prices before the demand curve accelerates past anything reasonable. The demo plant we put in place in Jan was there to derisk to production process and to make sure off-take partners saw the reality in front of their eyes. It's a way a saying "I've got the flour, I can make the scones, and in whatever volume and topping you like. How much would you like??" (to paraphrase a post above).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.