BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-581

1. 798 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126
    Great research, thanks for posting. Shows quite clearly that non-paying customers don't get to put their videos on Facebook, unlike the misconceptions of some posters.

However I disagree with two of your conclusions, that don't seem to be based on your research but are just speculation:

Can the US part of the business grow fast without shady financing schemes like in Australia

There is no accusation that the finance scheme is shady. The only accusation in the AFR concerns whether it was sufficiently fully disclosed. I refer you to BIG announcements (two of them) in Dec 2015. So it was disclosed, but AFR have insinuated that it wasn't fully disclosed. Any claim that the financing scheme is "shady" would have to explain why, otherwise such claims would be defamatory. There are plenty of posts on here explaining that such arrangements are very common and not unusual, see HVN for example. So what is about this arrangement is "shady"?

To get there, it seems they are taking some dangerous shortcuts.

You'll have to explain what shortcuts were taken, and why they are dangerous. It simply doesn't follow from your excellent research. Again, accusing a company of being "dangerous" would need some supporting explanations, otherwise it's a throwaway insult at best, and defamatory at worst.

There are many on the board with extensive business experience. The finance company (who reportedly has not sold any BIG shares so presumably has made only paper profits) has also got some very experienced and qualified people at the top. The accounting firm has many years experience and many clients. To claim that all these people conspired to undertake illegal activity for the gain of relatively little, and to risk so much that they have, doesn't make sense to me. You'll need to provide some explanation or reasoning before I'd take such isolated throwaways seriously.

But your research is good and I thank you for posting it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.