NOR 0.00% 4.8¢ norwood systems limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-229

1. 919 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    I think limited understanding is the key point in your post.

I'd agree that clean, reliable data capture is important, and I even had a quick look at FGO. I'll admit that AI Virtual Assistants or chatbots, are certainly an interesting area.

You state that FGO are leaders in this field and that Verint can't offer automated decisions or machine learning and that NOR can???!!

Verint acquired a company very similar to FGO late last year, and it seems to be far more advanced in terms capabilities across industries, customers & revenue $10m USD vs FGO's < $1m AUD:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/dec/21/spokane-valley-ai-company-purchased-for-30-million/

So, I'd argue that Verint are well ahead of FGO & that it's NOR that can't offer those services (at least yet, anyway).

As for 'virtualising the handset' I don't see how that assists machine learning or is somehow unique. By definition that is what a soft phone does.

If you are referring specifically to Truphone and the comments made about them not being able to to distinguish business calls from personal ones because they don't use an app, I'm not sure this is true. According to their literature they can present 8 different mobile numbers on a single SIM. They can forward the captured call data in the Cloud or send it to local server or someone like Verint for compliance/analysis.

Wouldn't an employee simply nominate:

Number 1: Personal - don't record.
    Number 2: Work Number (AU) - do record
    Number 3: Work Number (UK) - do record

I'd loathe having that many numbers, but obviously some organisation's have chosen this method, and the big selling proposition for Truphone's solution over NOR's would have to be that it is cellular voice rather than OTT VoIP relying on the quality of your Internet connection.

Besides which, most corporations are moving towards single unified number for employees for deskphone/mobile/Fax/SMS. In a BYOD situation you explain to your customers "my desk phone number is everything". You don't print your personal mobile number on your business cards or give the number out.

The advantage of this method is that all calls into an organisation are handled professionally, and if you are in a meeting when someone rings the call is able maintained professionally routed throughout the organisation in accordance with business rules back to your PA or colleague and with professional IVR's, music on hold, without being diverted to Voicemail. Like email this is a real productivity killer and for large organisations I believe the time wasted in accessing voicemails for employees (let alone two) would outstrip any saving of mobile bills anyway.

Telstra can also provide the best of both worlds:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/...conferencing/pdf/liberate-datasheet-final.pdf

On Page 1, there is a nice little graphic showing how simply it works (including recording).

Impressively, they have tied the entire UC solution in at the network level meaning you can use the phones native dialler and voice is delivered over VoLTE rather than OTT VoIP.

"Liberate integrates our VoLTE mobile technology with our unified communications network service to deliver UC functions and voice to the mobile phone. Intelligence within the Telstra network connects the SIM on your mobile as though it was an extension of your PBX or UC service. This deep integration allows your mobile to function like your desk phone. Mobile calls have prioritised routing on the 4G voice channel. This enables better call quality than with Over The Top (OTT) apps using data channels."

A single companion app is required for chat, presence, directories and to transfer calls but it isn't needed to make them.

For mine the fact that high level and typically older and less tech savvy employees (who are also likely to be decision makers) don't have to be worried by any extra apps (let alone two) would significantly reduce implementation & management overhead is a huge plus.

Add to this cellular voice quality and the full range of collaboration tools on offer and you honestly think they'll jump ship for ~$21 per user, per month saving?

Remember this is before you add in the discounts (perceived or real) that Telstra will add into an overall package.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100000 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 90000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.