TVN 2.61% 5.9¢ tivan limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-110

1. 17,307 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1096
    CCE/EMC are still in the running for this big battery project in the Northern Territory, unfortunately so is Tesla.

Clearly, CCE/EMC would not stand much chance if they went up against Tesla if using the same type of batteries (lithium).

https://www.propertycouncil.com.au/...ld_be_the_world_s_second_largest_battery.aspx

Where CCE/EMC might stand a chance would be if they offered a carrot. A very big one, like a major new business for the Northern Territory.

The best chance of that happening would be a tender built around VRFB technology.

Given the major project status of the Mount Peake Mine and the Darwin processing plant, a commitment to create a VRFB factory in Darwin might get them across the line.

This would be similar to what CCE proposed in South Australia for their big battery tender.

Granted they were beaten by Tesla but a joint CCE/Lendlease and Samsung consortium were able to get down to a short list of five from an initial list of one hundred. Samsung committed to building a lithium battery factory in Adelaide if the consortium won.

Although not successful, the tender did show that CCE were able to attract the support from major industrial partners, allowing them to compete against other technology giants.

They would need to do the same for the Territory project.

Also, I believe that VRFB technology is better able to cope with extreme climate which would be an advantage.

It is a long shot but success in this tender would be a very big win for the Northern Territory and a very big win for CCE, TNG and whichever other companies were in the joint venture.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.002(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $101.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $22.27K 380.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114864 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 60110 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.