TVN 2.61% 5.9¢ tivan limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-118

1. 5,803 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1717
    Yep Ando, this will be interesting.

The approval is there, but mining can't commence till a Management Plan confirming that (inter alia) there will be no adverse draw down from aquifers at Stirling Swamp and Mud Hut Swamp as well as no contamination from between the bore field to Stirling Swamp and between Mine site and Mud Hut Swamp. There are other conditions too.

Meeting the requirement requires TNG providing base line data. Since the Issue of The TOR by NTEPA in November 2015 TNG has been on notice that these and other areas are "areas of potential significant impact" requiring specific attention.

Further the constant theme with the interplay between TNG and NTEPA has been aquifers draw down, effect on established communities and contamination of same as well as disbursement of contaminants via surface water run off.

I'm taking the term " Management Plan" contained in The Approval to be a different plan to the "Mine Management Plan" required for Mine Permit but as stated in the Approval no mining can "commence" untill this "Management Plan" is filed and approved by the Minister.

Does TNG have this base line data and if not (why not). Also if not can they accumulate it without delaying actual mining commencement as opposed to Mine Construction.

It's reveal time. The additional bore work that commenced July 2016 does not appear to have covered the specified areas. Rather it ran down from the aquifer through to the mine. Mud Hut Swamp is on the other side of the Mine site to the North East by my read of the maps.

In saying all this I would be staggered if in today's climate any mine thought it acceptable to release contaminants into the environment such that they could leach into aquifer systems or stored in a way that they could be released via extreme surface water exposure. So I'm thinking this is political ass covering stuff that can readily be addressed. Even so I really want to hear the responce as it will no doubt directly impact on CLC approvals.

Who said spec investing in mining companies was a breeze. What a learning curve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.002(2.61%)
Mkt cap ! $101.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $22.27K 380.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 114864 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 60110 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.