RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

The polysomnography (PSG) is the gold standard so it will be...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    The polysomnography (PSG) is the gold standard so it will be used to compare with the app. So by definition, they are deemed as 100% accurate. When you do a “proper” PSG (see AASM for full details), the only reason it may not be accurate is if the test fails (ie leads coming off etc). When the test fails then the sleep laboratory will need to do another. When you get diagnosed with sleep apnoea, it is based on severity. A test result is not a simple parameter of either “yes” or “no”. It is based on analysis of multiple channels of data (ie breathing, sleep pattern, oxygen desaturation etc). Collectively, this outputs those arrays and then then a conclusion of if you have sleep apnoea and at what severity. By saying that, because multiple factors need to be collectively put together, it is very hard to misdiagnose sleep apnoea from the gold standard PSG.

In regards to the app, I would assume it would output the severity (based on ranges) instead of an actual physical number of events (AHI). By doing so it decreases the likelihood of misdiagnosis. An example would be as follows:

PSG: AHI 27/hr (moderate severity)
    APP: moderate severity

I think the purpose of the APP is not to replace the Gold standard PSG, but more so to alert you of if you have sleep apnoea or not. The main reason for this is the wait list and cost involved are high for the gold standard PSG. People with no sleep apnoea will know a further test not needed, whilst those who are severe can be fast tracked in the wait list. Think of the APP as a filter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.