AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-102

1. 2,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1179
    "Well that might be the case but it was all disclosed in the prospectus so I see what you have described as par for the course and a normal price adjustment mechanism that wouldn't require a trading halt. If the existing holder dumped their shares to benefit from a cheaper offer that would reclect a lack of overall demand and therefore the share price should move down, conversly if the the placement was to new holders or current holders who wanted to increase their holding by taking on more shares then the price should move up. Normal market mechanisms as far as I'm comcerned. Esh "

It is not the normal price mechanism of the market that a large shareholder can normally sell their shareholding or part of it through a single trading day down to a known price and then be guaranteed of being able to buy the same amount of shares back at the end of the day for a guaranteed profit. Normally the sale of shares carries some risk of not being able to buy them back for the same or cheaper.

Nothing in the SPP Prospsectus involved AVZ giving up their normal option to request a trading halt to preserve an orderly market and to avoid a false market (where false price signals might be sent) - they (AVZ) were allowed to ask for a trading halt, they did and they got it  Looks like the did the right thing by all shareholders including the smaller ones by asking for the trading halt on Monday the 25th of February to me.and the ASX did the right thing by granting it .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.