AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

@elphamale Yeah sorry. The lastest figure from the world gold...

1. 12,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    @elphamale

Yeah sorry. The lastest figure from the world gold council is US$35.8 billion per day.

"On 20 November, LBMA published for the first time weekly average trading volume data through LBMA-i – its new reporting service, which delivers greater transparency and insight into the over-the-counter (OTC) gold and silver markets. The report includes average trading volumes of the OTC Loco-London and Loco-Zurich markets.
    Download our analysis
    Since its first report, LBMA-i data from 12 November to 14 December 2018 indicates average daily gold trading volumes of 29 million ounces, with a value of US$35.8 billion."

Gold is a highly liquid market, with notional volumes greater than many major assets classes as you can see from the chart below. It's daily trading volume is almost equal to the daily trading volume of the entire S&P500. Compare that with the figures I gave for LIT X Global Lithium and Battery Tech ETF fund of US$1.44 million per day or the entire market for LCE of about US$7 billion per year (or about US$19 million per day).

By the way you can blame @canonman for bringing this subject up. Esh

683305EF-D8C4-44A0-AA94-671B7C2831A8.jpeg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.