PLS 3.47% $2.84 pilbara minerals limited

This was in the inbox this arvo. Homicide squad investigates...

1. 11,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 510
    This was in the inbox this arvo.

Homicide squad investigates incident at Pilbara Minerals site

November 12, 2019News Salomae Haselgrove

Latest News

Pilbara Minerals has advised that a fatality has occurred as a result of an incident unrelated to mining operations at its Pilgangoora lithium-tantalum operation in Western Australia.
    The incident occurred between personnel at the site and as a result, the homicide squad of the Western Australian Police Force travelled from Perth to aid local police and detectives with the investigation.
    Western Australia Police Force confirmed a man believed to be aged in his 40s was found deceased.
    His death is being treated as suspicious and police have remanded a 30-year-old man in custody in relation to the investigation.
    Operations at the mine were temporarily suspended yesterday to facilitate the investigation, but the company requested that a trading halt be lifted so normal trading could resume today (November 12).
    Pilbara Minerals is doing everything possible to support the wellbeing of its workers at this difficult time.
    “I am extremely shocked and saddened by what has occurred today,” managing director Ken Brinsden said.
    “At this difficult time our focus is on ensuring our people are cared for and supported, while we continue to support the police investigation that is currently under way.
    “On behalf of Pilbara Minerals, I would like to express our sincere condolences to the affected people and their families.”
    The company cannot provide further details at this stage and are directing any further questions to the Western Australia Police Force media unit.
    To keep up to date with Australian Mining, subscribe to our free email newsletters delivered straight to your inbox. Click here.

Related Stories

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.84
Change
0.095(3.47%)
Mkt cap ! $8.475B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.85 $2.80 $63.34M 22.09M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 162827 $2.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.84 360800 62
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.50pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.