WEB 0.11% $8.82 webjet limited

I too was concerned about the short term financial position of...

1. 2,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    I too was concerned about the short term financial position of the company. I thought the SP represented unbelievable value at $5 unless they run out of money. I was silly enough to think they can probably withstand the loss in revenue by cutting costs but that seems to not be the case. When I saw major holder notices from MGQ and Vanguard, I took that as a validation of my investment. I also took some comfort in knowing that there was takeover interest in the company when the SP was in the low teens. I thought, surely, investment companies will be able to look forward more than 6 months and see the value in Webjet. Even after WEB went into trading halt, I was optimistic. However, after reading the many articles referring to failed capital raising, I am now losing hope and have written off this investment to avoid disappointment. I am still cautiously optimistic that KKR will come to the rescue and although they may dilute the SP to something like 1.50, the shares may not trade that low on market open. I am thinking capital raised around the 180c mark (or equivalent dilution from KKR taking a stake) but shares trade around the 240c mark on market open. And although I am keen to take any money I can get back and run, if KKR or similar does help the company stay afloat and we know its sorted over the next 6 months, there is no reason left to sell the company. Things can only go up from there unless the lockdown gets extended (which I very much doubt).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.82
Change
-0.010(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $3.443B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.83 $8.88 $8.80 $12.52M 1.415M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4300 $8.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.82 14176 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.83
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.16 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.81 $8.88 $8.80 461570
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
WEB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.