AN1 11.1% 1.0¢ anagenics limited

Up to day 11, about a 20% chance of missing the infection, i.e....

1. 1,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 409
    Up to day 11, about a 20% chance of missing the infection, i.e. getting a false negative. That's according to the company; I've read other sources saying 30%.

That's not a "pretty strong statistical likelihood"; it's a completely unacceptable rate of failure for a symptomatic individual, who should be having a swab test.

For screening of asymptomatic weak contacts of known cases, who perhaps you don't have the resources to test properly? You're going to miss all the ones who have had the virus for less than a week. Not useful.

The main role of this test is in clearing the immune to return to work. Realistically that only becomes useful when there is sufficient herd immunity that the immune group makes up a significant proportion of the population - no point in testing 10,000 people to find one immune one. That's June at the earliest, more likely August I reckon. That's a long time to be holding tests that might be superseded at any moment, and that every man and his dog can bring in by then.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $4.613M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $2.44K 237.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 988240 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 465015 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.30pm 24/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AN1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.