QBE 0.59% $17.04 qbe insurance group limited

Financial review report QBE was included that in UK there is a...

1. 207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Financial review report QBE was included that in UK there is a court ruling in July about Business interruption claims, should be honored by Insurance companies....The policy wording however excludes events like penademics/virus...The UK Govt is trying to find a loop hole to get insurers to share the burden and payout claims for business interupted during the Lockdown....Having worked in insurance myself this is extra cover you have pay for and need to nominate how many months to be indemnified for in the event of insurance peril event.
    Even if QBE gets dragged in this debacle a substantial amount of policies will not have this cover as this is optional cover at premium cost. Also there are several insurers in the UK so the risk will be shared.
    Also USA in some states they want insurers to refund premiums whilst vehicles not driven whilst in lockdown.....Suncorp indicated here in Australia some refunds have been reimburst......
    I think these are reasons why share price may be held back temporarily and also the SPP.......I think this year will be difficult and you should not be buying QBE for income, probably like banks will cut or defer......
    But at these prices or even with a $6 in front of the share price its a bargain as long there is no structual issues, which doesn't seem be.......
    Suncorp during GFC hit the $6 to $7 as the floor and rallied back up to $14 to $15 in good times....
    QBE in a couple of years will be back to $12 -$15 with approx a .50c dividend, for the patient investor......I also participated a small parcel in SPP and have averaged down to mid $8 so I am hurting, but I have played this game before and buying at bargain prices rewards the smart investor...Good luck to everyone and stay safe...cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.04
Change
0.100(0.59%)
Mkt cap ! $25.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.99 $17.12 $16.90 $27.74M 1.629M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 14991 $17.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.05 67313 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.