MSB 1.55% 98.5¢ mesoblast limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-635

1. 24 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34

3 major concerns I have with the future of Mesoblast and why the share price is not a lot higher.

1. Management, especially the CEO is not well respected or trusted by some key broking firms and investors.
    2. Past performance is often an indicator of future performance unless there is a major restructure with management. You can have the greatest product in the world but unless you have a great management team expect the same roller coaster ride that has occurred previously.
    3. Massive corruption in the pharmaceutical industry. Stem cells have the potential to be one of the biggest disrupters in Medical history. Major Pill suppliers with deep pockets and high level connections do not want to see this succeed. Think of the cost to these large pill Companies where some old people take 20 plus tablets a day and potentially take none with Stem cell treatment.

So what is the solution to the above.

IMO CEO needs to bring in some new blood, someone that has proven results in very large pharmaceutical Company(s) Lose the ego and find someone better than you to take this business to the next level. This will help with all three of my concerns. Having a great management team is now more essential than ever to maximise the wealth of all shareholders moving forward.

Despite the above, I’m still a key investor in Meso because I believe in the product but will probably only stay here long term if they dramatically improve their current Management team. I stuck with CSL for the very same reason and was well rewarded.

2. 1,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 203
    Wow!

how does one stock attract such an emotional hoard of company-can-do-nothing-wrong holders?

if it was a soccer team fan club I’m sure there would be loyalist riots in their section of the stadium in every game.

Disclosure; I read MSB threads purely for covid boredom induced entertainment!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
98.5¢
Change
0.015(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ 99.5¢ 96.5¢ $953.2K 974.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 9161 98.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.0¢ 115706 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.