RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

Ann: Trading Halt, page-26

1. 4,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 786
    Redflow tried to target the domestic market, even created the "ZCell" brand and website. It was a dismal failure for a number of reasons, including manufacturing quality issues from the Flextronics factory in Mexico, lack of installers, and the introduction of the Tesla Powerwall battery that outcompeted it on price and marketing (and of course Elon Musk star-power). And as you point out, a dearth of qualified installers (who are also effectively sales and marketing agents in the domestic solar and battery market). I personally sought a quote for a Redflow home battery solution to add to an existing solar installation and and it was close to $40K. I asked another certified Redflow installer for a quote and they told me Redflow was not appropriate for grid-connected use and I should get a Powerwall.

For the moment I think they are right to concentrate on the Telco market where they have unique strengths. The new battery (and its greatly reduced manufacturing cost) should greatly improve the financial metrics of their business when in production, and eventually allow Redflow to tackle the domestic market once more.

Personally I applied for double my entitlement, so I do want them to succeed.
    Last edited by dyeman: 29/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.