DEG 3.46% $1.20 de grey mining limited

If we're taking bets on how much it is going to be, I'll have a...

1. LPN
    142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 494
    If we're taking bets on how much it is going to be, I'll have a punt as well.

First thing to remember is that the only shareholders who matter are DGO who have 2 seats on the board - retail are a nuisance and they'd prefer to ignore them whenever possible. DGO are money miners, not dirt miners, their motivation is to get as much as they can of the issued capital and voting power without allowing others to participate. They can also raise as much capital as they want because all their shareholders are in their Board's pockets.

DEG can raise up to 15% (correct me if I'm wrong) of issued capital without triggering a vote. That could be 200M shares. I'd be very surprised if any of it goes to retail.

It would not surprise me at all if DGO announce in the next 2 days a trading halt for a capital raise. Same as last time someone with a conscience let slip to the AFR that there were shenanigans in West Perth. For say 30% of $250M ($1.25/share). They then bid and get 30% of this upcoming DEG raise, for the measly sum of $80M. Enough goes to the big players to keep them from revolting and Argonaut and Bell Potter pocket $5-10M on both raises for a few hours work and everyone is happy. All legit. All good business if you ignore the moral issues.

$250M in the kitty would be a good thing overall though - enough to drill out properly and get to an Ore Reserve, probably even enough for a Feasibility. Maybe even start construction but I'd be surprised if it stretched that far. Capital is going to be hard to come by after the November election when everything goes to poop, so getting it now is justifiable.

IMO, DYOR, etc.. etc...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.20
Change
0.040(3.46%)
Mkt cap ! $2.768B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.20 $1.19 $1.412M 1.188M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 70072 $1.19

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.20 57231 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.